Male Student Ministry Summer Intern
JOB TYPE: Part Time (20 hrs/wk) except during trips, Paid
DATES: May 30 — August 7
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Ministry
The Student Ministry Summer Intern will assist the Director of Student Ministry and Student Ministry Coordinator in leading students to gather for worship, connect relationally, and serve the community.
- Pursuing relationships with male students through relational ministry such as meals and activities
- Developing meaningful relationships and a sense of community amongst students, seeking to foster an environment where all feel welcome and wanted
- Discipling male students relationally, speaking truth in love into their lives and teaching them to glorify God and enjoy him in all 168 hours each week
- Sharing in teaching responsibilities for student ministry throughout the summer
- Assisting in the planning and execution of student programming, special events, and trips in alignment with Orangewood’s mission
- Includes Middle School Conference Trip (5 days in late June)
- Actively participating in Orangewood staff meetings and Student Ministry meetings
- Engaging in regular training/mentoring assignments and meetings with Student Ministry staff
- Participating in weekly worship at Orangewood while employed
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A growing commitment to Jesus Christ and love for their Church
- Commitment to Reformed understanding of faith
- Teachability and ability to be self-motivated
- Humility, self-awareness, and ability to ask for help from God and others
- A desire to work with students
- Ability to have an adaptive work schedule in order to engage with students
- Ability and willingness to travel for retreats, camps, mission trips, etc.
If you’re interested in the position, contact our Director of Student Ministry, Linda Oliver, here. Applications will be received through March 15.
OCS Job Opportunities
If you are interested in working at Orangewood Christian School, click on the button below.