Thank you for your interest in employment at Orangewood.
Current opportunities are listed below.
Job Title: Director of Student Ministry
Orangewood is seeking someone who loves Jesus and is deeply passionate about connecting with middle and high school students and fostering spiritual formation within Student Ministry. This person desires to build lasting connections with students through relational discipleship, engaging with parents, and leading a team of staff and volunteers. The Director of Student Ministry is responsible to promote the mission and vision of Orangewood by encouraging students to gather for worship, connect relationally, and serve the community. This role is responsible for the overall vision, care, goals, and strategy of Student Ministry at Orangewood Church.
- Recruiting, training, and leading a team of staff and volunteers with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Fostering an environment of care, connection, and spiritual direction for staff and volunteers.
- Overseeing the planning and execution of weekly student programming, special events, and trips in alignment with Orangewood’s mission.
- Actively participating in Orangewood staff and leadership meetings and church membership.
- Partnering with Orangewood Christian School to create effective avenues for relational discipleship and spiritual formation among students.
- Promoting the mission and vision of Orangewood by encouraging students to gather for worship, connect in community, and serve.
- Developing meaningful relationships among students through leadership, biblical training, spiritual direction, and recreational activities.
- Teaching relevant biblical theology to a large-group of students.
- Effectively communicating ministry strategies and plans to parents.
- Partnering with parents as they navigate raising teenagers.
Required Personal Qualities:
- A growing commitment to Jesus Christ and love for his Church.
- Humility, self-awareness, and ability to ask for help from God and others.
- A healthy work/life balance and ability to maintain gospel renewal and vibrancy in everyday life.
- Knowledge of adolescent development and ability to relate to adolescent culture.
- Understanding of cultural issues and ability to engage with them biblically and lovingly.
- Proven success in the recruitment, development, and management of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Ability to have an adaptive work schedule in order to engage with students.
- Ability and willingness to travel for retreats, camps, mission trips, etc.
Seminary degree preferred.
Three to five years of significant, successful experience in developing student ministry programs in a medium or large congregational setting is preferred.
Mark Nicks, Pastor of Connection & Spiritual Formation
Description of Organization
Orangewood Church is a PCA Church of over 500 members in Maitland, Florida, just outside Orlando. Orangewood has existed since 1976 and has long been active in the PCA in community service, ministry, education, church planting, and global missions. In the Spring of 2020, we called our new Lead Pastor, Dr. Tyler Groff. Three other pastors share the responsibility of shepherding Orangewood. Orangewood is an intergenerational church that desires to grow and develop believers of all ages. The church shares a campus with a preschool, middle school, and high school.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
If you have an interest in seeking employment at Orangewood Christian School, click here.
God has blessed Orangewood Church with a rich history that tells the story of his faithfulness.