We believe that service is the natural response of a heart transformed by God.
When we act out of sacrificial kindness, we are living out God’s sacrifice and love for us. A great place to begin is right here at Orangewood!
Serve on Sunday Mornings
- Greeters – Arrive 20 minutes before the service, welcoming guests and helping them find their way around.
- Ushers – Collect tithes and offerings, distribute bulletins, and help people find seats.
- Communion Setup – Prepare the communion plates on Saturday and set out and clean up on Sunday morning on communion Sundays, the first week of every month. (Serve 3-4 times a year.)
- Worship Teardown Captains – Team captains to oversee the crew of assigned members on Sunday afternoons for to convert the sanctuary back into the gym. (Serve 2 weeks per year as captain.)
Serve in Children’s Ministry
- OKids and OKids Jr. Helpers – Serve on Sunday mornings with babies through 5th-grade children, or help with programs and other special events, like Vacation Bible School(VBS).
Serve Through Hospitality as Needed
- Event Hospitality Team – Assist with special events throughout the year by decorating, greeting, serving, or cleaning up.
- Take Them A Meal – Provide meals for church members during emergencies or times of transition, such as recovering from an illness or welcoming a new child.